Powered by Blogger.

May Favorites

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I can't believe May is already over (Although it did seem rather long to me).  It was a good month, though, and it's hard to believe that I only started this blog May 1st.  Seems like way longer!

Here are my favorite products that I found myself using on an almost-daily basis.


1.  CoverGirl Eyelights eyeliner in Vivid Ruby- Remember how I was displeased to find this was a pretty standard dark brown?  It's still dark brown, and it's still no fancy color, but I just love the deepness of the shade.  It's staying power is nice, too, which has been great with the warmer weather.  I've even been using it on my lower waterline now that I've started doing that, and it works wonderfully.

2.  E.L.F. Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Pearl & Glow- This is something I got a few months ago but never used until recently.  The eyeliner end, Pearl, I don't use as much- but the eyeshadow side, Glow, works nicely to highlight just under my eyebrows and the inner corners of my eyes.  I initially didn't like the eyeshadow, but this has been a useful purpose for it (It's a little twisty stick-it looks like a large retractable eyeliner pen).

3.  E.L.F. Eyeshadow quad in Nouveau Neutrals- I've been really big into light eyeshadow colors recently.  I still love smoky eyes, but on a day-to-day basis I love the look of light eyeshadow with big, thick lashes.  Anyway, this has been the perfect quad to do that with.  It is standard good-quality E.L.F. eyeshadow, with colors that are shimmery but not too much.  Just enough to give the light brown, light olive, and champagne a little something extra (The highlight blue doesn't have any shimmer).

4.  Benefit High Beam- I've had this forever, but I love it for the summer.  I use it underneath my foundation (Or whatever I'm wearing that day), and it gives my skin a nice glow.  Usually I just use it on my cheekbones.

5.  Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation- One big reason I'm raving about this is because of how easy/fast it is to apply.  If I'm running late in the morning or just don't want to mess with applying foundation, I just sweep this over my face with a kabuki brush and I'm set.  It's the only mineral powder foundation I've ever used, so I don't know how it compares to others, but I find it's light on my skin yet covers my imperfections nicely.  It's great for evening out my sensitive skin, which flares up after I wash it in the morning.

6.  Bath & Body Works Triple Moisture Body Cream in White Citrus- Normally I'm not one to like strong citrus scents, but this is an exception.  To me it seems like one of those "energizing" smells, like something that would be good to put on in the morning.  Anyway, scent aside, I love B&BW's Triple Moisture Body Creams.  The formula is thicker but super creamy, and makes my body feel hydrated.

7.  Target brand Up & Up Radiant Skin Lotion SPF 15- This is comparable to Aveeno Positively Radiant face moisturizer, but a little less expensive.  I was using this every morning before my makeup, but now that I have my Physician's Formula TM with SPF 50, I'm going to switch to my Neutrogena moisturizer.

8.  CoverGirl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush in Refined Rose- This is an old favorite.  I got this awhile back, never used it, and then just brought it out recently.  The middle, medium pink/almost-peach shade is the one I use the most.  I like light-colored blushes, and this suits my fair skin perfectly.  I use this pretty much every day.

I'm interested to see how this will change this month- what I will use more of, less of, etc.  I know with scents I tend to have different favorites every month or so.
What were your favorite products from May?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP