Powered by Blogger.

Physician's Formula Tinted Moisturizer

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Good afternoon everyone!  I've had a lovely day.  It started out with getting my teeth cleaned (Eh), but I was very happy to hear there's nothing wrong with them.  I used to have an extreme phobia of the dentist- I think because of the scary dentist I had when I was growing up- which I've finally gotten over for the most part.  Now, I just worry they will find something wrong with my teeth.  My parents didn't give me fabulous teeth genes, so although they're in good health at the moment, I have to do a lot to keep them that way!
Anyway, after work I stopped by Target to browse for manufacturer coupons on foundations.  :)  Target often times has stickers stuck to makeup products that say like, "Take $3.00 off" or something.  Usually they're not on products I'm interested, but this time they were!  Physician's Formula usually has those, too, and today I was in GREAT luck.
On the Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer, the bottles had stickers for $3.00 off.  Then I looked behind the bottles in front, and there was one hiding that had a sticker for $5.00 off!  So I picked up that bottle and only paid $7.99 for the TM, before tax (They retail at Target for $12.99).

I didn't get a picture that showed it, but this is SPF 50.  Awesome!

I was really hesitant about buying this, because from the packaging you can't tell the color.  The only real idea you get is from the sticker on the bottle (Where it says "fair to light").  In my opinion, the actual color of the TM is darker than how the sticker shows it, so it's not even very accurate.  I was prepared to save my receipt and return to Target in case the color was way off.
Luckily for me, it's pretty darn close to my skin.  On my hand it looks only a little darker, but I tried it on my face and it's just fine (Especially in the summer, when I don't mind a slightly darker foundation anyway).


I'll update this when I've given it a full review, but from the looks of it so far, it provides nice coverage for a tinted moisturizer.  It's much thicker than my $1 ELF tinted moisturizer, yet still feels light.
One last thing about the color before I wrap this up- the one I have leans more pink than yellow.  You can't really tell from my pictures, unfortunately.  Just something to keep in mind if you have more yellow undertones.

I do have one question, for anyone who'd like to answer- What is the best thing to wear over tinted moisturizer? Would you recommend a translucent powder?  I've noticed with tinted moisturizers they can look shiny, so I don't know if translucent powder would be the best option for this?  I'm so new to face makeup LOL, sorry.  Thanks again for all your help!

Oh, and I got my ELF package today!  Expect photos/first impressions tomorrow, as it's my day off.  I have nothing planned besides playing around with all my stuff, hehe.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP