Powered by Blogger.

Walgreens Wet 'n' Wild BOGO Haul+New Rimmel mascara

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Walgreens has Wet 'n' Wild BOGO 50% off this week, so of course I'm all over that.

(Lash Intense mascara, ColorIcon eyeshadow trios in Sweet As Candy (top) and Walking On Eggshells (bottom), Mega Volume mascara)

I thought these were all $2.99.  I'm on a serious budget right now, so I wanted to take advantage of this sale, but I didn't want to buy any one item that over $2.99.  That was my limit.  And I figured that I could get 4 items if they were all $2.99, so I settled on these.  Well, only the Mega Volume mascara and two eyeshadow trios were $2.99.  The Lash Intense mascara was $4.99, which I didn't know, because the mascaras are on this little display that spins and it only shows the price of one $2.99 mascara (I think it was the Mega Blink or something).  I just assumed all of them were $2.99.  My main reason for getting the Lash Intense one was that it had a $1.00 off manufacturer's sticker attached to it.


So I get up to the cashier, she rings it up, and it comes to like $10.68.  I asked her to check everything.  I finally saw that the one mascara was $4.99, not $2.99, but by that time I was just wanting to get out of there.  That one is going to be exchanged tomorrow for something else (I'll get another mascara).
Yes, I'm super cheap, LOL.

I love those Color Icon trios, though- see my review of the one I have here.  I've never tried their mascaras, and for $2.99 I don't expect them to be great, but we'll see!  Any recommendations on which one I should get tomorrow?  Or should I keep the Lash Intense? They also have a Mega Protein one, the Mega Blink (Curling), and a thickening/volumizing one.

Update:
I tried out the Mega Volume mascara and I really dislike it.  It didn't stick to my lashes or anything- you can hardly tell I'm wearing mascara.  I'll do a more in-depth review of this soon, but for now, don't spend your $2.99 on it!  Not worth it!

And last but not least, I saw the new Rimmel Volume Flash Curves mascara:
(Sorry for the poor cell phone picture quality!)

It's in a display with the regular Volume Flash mascara.  Anyone tried this yet?  I'm very curious.  You could get it with the $1.00 Rimmel coupon over at All You's coupon site, if you want to save money.  It's retailing at Walgreen's for $6.99.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP