Powered by Blogger.

Maybelline Diamonds eyeshadows+mascara on clearance at my Target

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I was perusing Target this evening, and happened upon the LE Maybelline Diamonds eyeshadow duos and The Colossal Volum' Express Diamonds mascara in the Maybelline display.  The eyeshadows were on clearance for $2.08, and the mascara for $3.14.  The eyeshadows come in the colors Turquoise Diamond (A shimmery gold-turquoise and white highlight), Copper Diamond (A shimmery gold-brown and copper), and the one I purchased, Amethyst Diamond (A shimmery gold-reddish purple and cream highlight).
The "amethyst" color in the duo didn't jump out at me while I was in the store, but when I put it on at home, it's simply gorgeous!  Now, I just applied it not an hour ago so I can't tell you the quality of the eyeshadow, but the color is just divine.  It's a unique deep burgundy with gold shimmer throughout.


I took some pictures of me wearing it today, shown below, but I don't think they totally do it justice.  You just have to trust me that it's pretty.  :)



Now, the Colossal Diamonds mascara is a little different story.  I had read pretty much all terrible reviews of this online when it launched.  This is why I didn't buy it full price.  $3.14 is reasonable, though, and it's hard for me to pass up a glittery mascara.

1) The glitter is pretty much non-existent on my lashes.  I read that other bloggers couldn't see the glitter from far away, but I can't even see it up close, LOL.  So in that area, thumbs down.
2) It does a pretty fair job to make my lashes look dramatic.  The only thing I don't like is that I have to apply like 5 coats for it to get this way (Which basically makes this another thumbs down for me).  Even though I LOVE the look after I apply all those coats, it's such a waste.
3) The formula gets a little clumpy even on the first coat.  After 3-4 coats you can kind of "cover up" the clumps, but I don't like that.  My lashes look dramatic, but they don't have the "separated and combed" look, if that makes sense.

After all that, I was on-the-edge about whether or not I liked this mascara.  The end result WAS dramatic and what I was looking for.  However, I think I have a deal breaker...
My eyes are a little irritated.  I'm 99.9% sure it's the "diamonds".  It's not an overpowering irritation, but ever-so-slight that I can feel the mascara.  Not good, guys.

I should have taken other bloggers' advice and stayed away from this one.  I'm going to Target tomorrow to see if I can return it (Along with some earrings that I tried and found are too heavy).
Do you think they'll give me my money back if I tell them it irritated my eyes?  That's really what happened, too, lol.  I don't know if they're like Walgreens though and will take used makeup.

Sorry again about not having pictures here.  I don't think we have batteries right now, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow or Friday.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP