Powered by Blogger.

Super Mini ELF Haul+EOTD

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The only way I can justify this (pathetic excuse of a) haul is that I was not feeling well today and needed a pick-me-up.  I don't know why it just wasn't my day, but at least it's almost over.  :)
I went to a ton of different stores today (In the mall, and then Target, Walgreens, and Walmart) searching for something that peeked my interest, and nothing really did it.  I even found the infamous Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure nail polish at Walmart, but still couldn't justify spending $6.50 on it.  It is beautiful, though!  It stinks having to really cut back on shopping, lol.
Anyway, I settled on only two things from ELF that I've been kind of curious about recently- the Tone Correcting Concealer in Light Beige and Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal.  I don't know if anyone has a strong desire to hear about these, but here they are just incase:
Bottom line about these: Skip the concealer.  It's only $1, but it doesn't work very well at all.
Now the Facial Whip I like.  I had read reviews about it being too shimmery, but just a little on my cheekbones and browbones I think is super pretty.  I used it over my foundation but under my powder, so it toned down the shimmer quite a bit.

Now onto my EOTD, which is a bronzy-brown experiment!  I hardly ever do brown.


I call this an experiment because I used my ELF Golden Bronzer as eyeshadow.  I didn't mix the colors, but used three of the four separately.  I also broke out my ELF mineral eyeshadows; Wild in my outer crease and Innocence as a shimmery highlight.  Using that bronzer as eyeshadow was a success, though, I think!

Products used:
-ELF Tone Correcting Concealer as eye base (I'm still avoiding my old Almay eye base)
-ELF Golden Bronzer
-ELF mineral eyeshadows in Wild and Innocence
-Mary Kay eyeliner in Amethyst
-Covergirl Exact Eyelights mascara in Black Ruby

I love how the eyeliner and mascara are practically the same color!  Both are a purple-gold hybrid with beautiful sheen.

Have a great night everyone!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP