Powered by Blogger.

E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadows

Friday, June 4, 2010

I did a TON of googling for swatches of these eyeshadows before making my decision on which 10 I wanted.  Like typical E.L.F. website swatches, these weren't too accurate (Although have you noticed they have updated them recently?).

Anyway, the ones I got with my order are: Wild, Socialite, Royal, Confident, Caffeinated, Natural, Trendy, Sweet, Earthy, and Elegant.  They are all the standard shimmer kind- E.L.F. has a few that are matte (Temptress, Seductive, Partier, Innocent, Enchanting).  If you love shimmery eyeshadows, you need these!  They are seriously so shimmery but in the best possible way.

Their pigmentation is great on my arm, but on my eyelid it was pretty standard.  I needed to lightly pack on the shadow to get the best effect.  And obviously some are more pigmented than others- Trendy has given me the most problems so far with color payoff, although I just love the color!

The containers look small, but there's a fair amount of product in them (.03oz).  You don't really need a ton of it for one application, either, which makes me think I'll be able to use these for a long time.


(Sorry they show up small!  Click for enlarged size)

Wild is a deep brown/gold with multi-colored shimmer (They all have this, actually).
Socialite is a darkened gray that leans towards taupe.
Royal is a dark plum that has some gold in it.
Confident is similar to Caffeinated but the key difference is that it has more pink undertones than Caffeinated.  Caffeinated is more of a medium-toned gold/brown.


(The lighter ones were harder to capture- all of the colors are pretty true to the pictures except Natural.)

Natural looks like a champagne color in the container, but shows up more peach on my eye.  It's really pretty.
Trendy is a lighter taupe with the slightest bit of purple strewn throughout.
Sweet is a gorgeous light pink with gold.
Earthy is a medium-toned green with gold.
Elegant is a light cream with lots and lots of shimmer.  If you want a nice shimmery highlight color, this is a good bet!

I'm having a lot of fun playing around with these colors.  Today I wore Earthy all over my lid, then I blended Natural in my crease, and put a little Confident in the outer corners.  
The darker colors are surprisingly easy to pull off, as they aren't as dark on my eye as they look in the container.  I like this, because I find dark colors easily look harsh on me.

Have you tried any of E.L.F.'s mineral eyeshadows?  How do you like them?  

(P.S.- see this link for pictures of how the eyeshadows look in their containers!)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP