Powered by Blogger.

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Pop! Collection

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Let me say something before getting too far into this post- I've liked just about everything I've tried from Physician's Formula.  I haven't owned very many of their products because they're pretty pricey for a drugstore brand, but PF and I go way back.  When I first started wearing makeup, I used the Matte collection quad eyeshadows.  They were so perfect for an 8th grader who didn't know what she was doing!  I also played around with the Shimmer Strips Bronzers (Although now I loathe a bronzer too shimmery; I don't know how I wore that on a regular basis).  That was all back when my mom bought me the occasional makeup product, and in recent years I haven't wanted to dish out $10-12 on a bronzer/eyeshadow/powder.  Unless I know it's really good.

Anyway, lucky for me I've been able to buy more PF lately.  My Target frequently puts manufacturer's coupons for either $3.00 or $5.00 off on random products (I mentioned this in my post on the Healthy Wear tinted moisturizer, where there was a $5.00 sticker), so this brings the price down to a more manageable amount for me.  I have to look pretty hard, and they aren't ALWAYS on PF products, but sometimes I get lucky.

Today I found a $5.00 off sticker stuck to a Healthy Wear pressed powder, and I thought to myself, "I'm sure I can just peel this off and stick it to something I really want."  I've seen the cashiers accidently stick them to the wrong product before, so I figured they wouldn't check.  The sticker also didn't specify what kind of product it was for OR a minimum dollar amount.

So I chose something I've been curious about for a long time, the Shimmer Strips eyeshadow Pop! collection for green eyes:
I don't really have many of these colors in my eyeshadow collection, and the packaging is really cute, too.  Although the application/sponge thing is useless (WHY is the tip slanted?  I tried to use it just for kicks and it makes it even harder to apply).

See?  So pretty!  Let's take a look at the pigmentation.

Hm.  Not so impressive, but I'm betting with a good primer underneath these would look a lot better.  And even though they aren't super soft, they rub off pretty nicely on my fingertip.  I do wish the palette had separators between each color.  Hey, I can't really complain seeing as I got this for just under $5.

Have any of you tried these eyeshadows?  I wasn't sure whether to get this one or the regular Shimmer Strips enhancing eyeshadow palette, which has softer colors in it.  I think I'm glad I stuck with this one, though.

Edit, later:
The pigmentation isn't so BAM on my arm sans primer, but I tried these out on my eyes tonight, and the colors are pretty vibrant!  I've never worn blues and greens like that before.  I do wish the color payoff was better, and for this reason, I can't say the palette is changing my life or anything.  It is nice for a brighter makeup look when I have occasion to wear it.  :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP