Powered by Blogger.

EOTD: Shimmery Purple and First OOTD! (Pic heavy)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I haven't done a look on here in awhile.  That wasn't on purpose at all, I just wasn't doing anything too interesting (I've been getting a lot of use out of my E.L.F. Nouveau Neutrals eyeshadow palette, if that gives you any idea of the eye looks I've been doing!).  This EOTD actually isn't too exciting either, but I haven't worn purple eyeshadow in awhile and I was missing it.  It used to be the color I'd wear on a daily basis.
This look is using my Victoria's Secret "Savage Beauty" mineral eyeshadow quad in Safari Chic (See this post for pictures and swatches).  That quad was actually my main motivation for doing a purple EOTD, so I'm glad I had it handy!  A note about the eyeshadows, before I continue:  they aren't that pigmented.  I'm pretty disappointed, as I thought they were more intense, but unfortunately I have to re-apply the color to my eyes several times to achieve my desired pigmentation.  They sure are pretty, though!

(Excuse my eyelashes, too- this is the result of a failed attempt at using The Falsies mascara, so I added about three others on top of it LOL)




(Bad angle on my nose, whoops!)
What I used
Eyes:
-E.L.F. All Over Cover Stick in light beige (I've been seeing how this works as an eyeshadow base, because I couldn't put up with how badly Almay's eye base was drying out my lids.  The E.L.F. doesn't work THAT well, but it's not too bad either)
-VS eyeshadow quad in Safari Chic- the dark purple, light purple, and shimmery champagne for a highlight
-Wet 'n' Wild Idol Eyes eyeliner in Dark Brown
-Maybelline The Falsies mascara (Review to come!), along with Covergirl LashBlast and Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express

Face:
-Maybelline The Eraser treatment makeup in Buff Beige
-N.Y.C. Translucent Mosaic face powder
-E.L.F. Studio blush in Mellow Mauve 

Lips:
-E.L.F. Hypershine lip gloss in Blossom


Now onto my OOTD.  I've never done one of these before, just an FYI, lol.  I'm wearing a few things I got in the cities last weekend, though (Actually everything except my flip flops and tank top).  



(A better picture of my shoes- that's Sinful Colors Mint Apple on my toes, if you're wondering :)
Tank top- American Eagle
Cardigan- Heritage 1981
Scarf- Wet Seal
Pants- Heritage 1981
Flip flops- AE

I wish the weather would stay warm here.  It's not cold exactly, but the sun hasn't been staying out for too long either.  :(

Thanks for reading!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP