Powered by Blogger.

My Eyeliner "Collection"

Friday, June 25, 2010

This should hardly be called a collection, as I don't have too too many.  I've also tossed out quite a few recently that I just wasn't using or had a similar color of.  And let me just mention while I'm thinking about it- ELF's $1 brightening eyeliners are terrible.  These came to mind just now because I tried one in Coffee, a dark brown, not too long ago, and it smeared and smudged and never dried on my lid.  It just sat there, all sticky and gross.  This is one I just tossed out tonight as I was going through my stash.
Anyway, here they are:

From left to right: 
Pencil: Milani Liquif'eye in Silver, L'Oreal HiP eyeliner in Violet Volt, N.Y.C. Waterproof eyeliner in Teal, Rimmel Spark It Up! eye darkening pencils in Tiger's Eye, Peridot, & Black Gold
Automatic: Clinique Quickliner in Roast Coffee, Wet 'n' Wild IdolEyes eyeliner in Dark Brown, Covergirl Exact Eyelights eyeliner in Vivid Ruby, Mary Kay eyeliner in Amethyst, E.L.F. waterproof eyeliner pen in Coffee.

These are my current pencil eyeliners.  I'll talk about these in order from left to right.  I rarely use the Milani one because of the color (It also irritates my eye a little), but it has awesome staying power and glides on gorgeously.  The L'Oreal HiP works the same way, and it's the same kind of "Urban Decay 24/7 drugstore dupe" eyeliner, like the Milani Liquif'eye.  This one doesn't irritate my eyes at all, though, and I love the color.  The N.Y.C. waterproof pencil is my favorite plain teal eyeliner- it retails between $3 and $4, so it's also my favorite SUPER inexpensive, easily available eyeliner.  The next three are all Rimmel Spark It Up! eyeliners, and these are probably my favorite "fun" eyeliners right now (I say fun because they have shimmer in them- they aren't gritty, though).  They're a little more expensive at around $5 a piece, but still not bad at all.  They are incredibly pretty, too!  
Swatches, in same order as pencils are shown above:

The three Rimmel eyeliners are on the far right- Tiger's Eye is a darker bronze, Peridot is a dark slightly-more-green-than-blue teal, and Black Gold is like an antique black gold, like the title.  I don't really know how else to describe it!  These last pretty well as long as you don't touch them- so, they aren't as durable as Milani Liquif'eye or L'Oreal HiP eyeliners, but they are still good quality.

These are my current retractable eyeliners (With exception of the ELF pen).  80% of them are shades of dark brown, and that was totally not intentional.  From left to right: My Clinique Quickliner is my everyday "I just want something quick and neutral that will stick" eyeliner.  It's a deep reddish brown, and it's got wonderful staying power (Actually, all of these have pretty decent staying power).  The Wet 'n' Wild IdolEyes eyeliner is my favorite for a deep chocolate brown color.  It also has great durability, and it's only $1.99 at most drugstores.  This is what I would recommend to anyone that wants a super cheap, great quality, basic eyeliner.  The Covergirl Eyelights eyeliner is just a standard dark brown, nothing too special about the color.  The quality is average, but it really stays on my waterline.  The Mary Kay eyeliner is a GORGEOUS shade of purple-gold that I just love.  If you have green eyes like me, I think this color is a must-have!  The pencil is tiny, though, so I probably wouldn't repurchase this at $10.  Finally is the E.L.F. Waterproof eyeliner pen, which feels like you're applying a felt-tip marker to your eyes.  This is OK, but I don't personally like the look of liquid eyeliner of any kind.
Swatches, in same order as pictured above:

The Clinique one is obviously a fair amount lighter than the other browns, which is why I don't use it if I'm looking to do a deep, smokey eye.  For neutral looks it's perfect!

What are your favorite eyeliners?  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP