Powered by Blogger.

Review: Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I know I said I was going to limit my makeup-buying for a little while, but I swear, I am!  Example: I went to Walgreens today and didn't get sidetracked in the makeup aisle.  

I did, however, purchase Maybelline's newest mascara, The Falsies.  Lately there have been lots of new and talked-about mascaras that I've wanted to try- 
Covergirl LashBlast Fusion, LashBlast Length 
Revlon Grow Luscious
Maybelline Pro line mascaras, The Falsies
L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

I've heard so-so reviews about all of them, The Falsies included, so I don't really have a desire to purchase any others (Except another one of the Maybelline Pro mascaras- I tried the Curling one and hated it, but I might pick up the Extensions sometime.  Although I'm beginning to wonder if Maybelline mascaras just aren't for me!  I do love my Colossal Volum' Express).

My reason for going with The Falsies was that I had been lemming it ever since it came out.  I'm pretty sure I actually read about it on a blog overseas, before it came to the US, and I had no idea it would ever get here.  
Let's see how it performed for me!

So, the idea of this mascara is that it makes your lashes look like false lashes .  It's supposed to fan them out, adding depth in places needed.  The formula is Pro-Keratin and fiber enriched so you see results right away.  It's also washable, which was something that helped convince me to buy it.

Let's look at the brush:
(Sorry about the side view picture- it's kind of blurry)

It's a spoon-style brush, which I'm not an expert at using.  You hold the spoon side against your lashes and apply it that way, as stated on the back of the package.  I've used it a few times now so I've gotten pretty used to it.  Besides it being a spoon brush, the bristles are really similar to the Colossal Volum' Express (My review of that mascara here).  I like how long they are.  You can also see from these pictures that at the base of the brush, there is a little notch that makes it so the brush is more flexible.  It bends really easily! 

Now let's see how it works in action:
The picture is so small!  Click to enlarge.
1. is my bare eye
2. is one coat of The Falsies, eyelashes curled
3. is two coats
4. is three coats

I'd buy The Colossal Volum' Express again over this, hands down.  I was not too impressed.  From the pictures, my lashes DO look longer and more OOMPH-like than with no mascara, but it just doesn't make them as organized as I like them.  I felt like they got stuck together too easily, and the mascara didn't cling enough to each lash.  Things also got pretty clumpy and straggle-y after one coat.  
It's not a total bust, and I'll keep trying it and see if things get better.  But I was pretty let down, to say the least!

Pros:
-You can catch this on sale at Target this week for $5.99, so it's not a bad price.
-It's washable, and it comes off easily with makeup remover (I'd guess soap and water would work)
-It's not a bad mascara if you JUST want some extra length and darkness. 

Cons:
-Doesn't get my lashes "organized" or separated
-Doesn't volumize
-Doesn't hold curl too well

Have any of you had better luck with this?  



0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP