Powered by Blogger.

EOTD: Soft Purple & Peach for a Casual Dinner

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I've decided that I love using the ELF mineral eyeshadows wet (Well, damp).  It's funny, because most of the swatches I found online of them were done both wet and dry, and most everyone recommended using them wet for the best pigmentation/performance.  It wasn't until today, though, that I remembered to use them this way.  It just makes them pop so much more.

This is a quick look I did for dinner last night with my dad.  As I mentioned in my previous post, we've been on our own for meals and such, so we decided yesterday it would be nice to go to our favorite casual-ish restaurant.  It's not exactly casual but not too high-end either; just "nice".  I figured this makeup look would be perfect for it.  Right in-between!

(I swear my camera washes out the color a bit; the purple is more noticeable IRL)


What I used:
Eyes:
-Almay Bright Eyes eye base (all over eye)
-ELF mineral eyeshadows in Royal (outer half of lid), Natural (inner half of lid), and Elegant (highlight)
-Mary Kay eyeliner in Amethyst (upper lashline and waterline)
-L'Oreal Bare Naturale mascara in Blackest Black

Face:
-Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser in Buff Beige
-NYC Translucent Highlighter Mosaic
-Senna Cosmetics blush in Fragile (light rose pink)

Lips:
-ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips

I haven't done an EOTD or any kind of look for awhile, which I just realized earlier while doing this.  Thanks for reading!  

(PS- I just love this L'Oreal Bare Naturale mascara; it's the only mascara I've tried in recent memory that keeps my lashes curled all day.  Seriously.  It's also one of those that I tried awhile back, didn't love, but just tried it again recently and am now head-over-heels for.)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP