Powered by Blogger.

Collective Haul and Review!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hi girls!

Thanks for checking out this post!

Without further ado, let's get this thing going! (Not necessarily in the order shown in the video!)



#1: The Body Shop cucumber cleansing milk
I'm really enjoying this. It's very light and feels so fresh on my oily skin, especially my t-zone. It also stays liquidy on the skin for quite a while, so it's great for facial massages! I use this roughly every other day, depending on my acne situation (as of June 29th, I'm on the verge of a minor breakout, so I'm fighting it with a more powerful cleanser). It's SO gentle, but I found it removes dirt and makeup really really well. Great for sensitive skin!

#2: The Body Shop Banana conditioner
I love the smell, and I’m not usually one for banana scented things! It leaves my hair feeling very soft, but I’m not sure it’s any better than a regular, less expensive conditioner. I haven’t been using it long enough to be sure though. I’ll update on this product a bit later!

#3: Body Shop Amlika leave-in conditioner

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. It's so lightweight, but is a powerful moisturizer for my hair. It makes it feel SO soft, and my hands aren't left with a sticky or oily feeling like many other leave-ins. I highly recommend this!! Two pumps are enough for my almost-waist-length hair, so this should last me a while!

#4 : Body Shop matte primer

I'm still on the fence about this one. It was much better as a mattifyer than the Sephora one I tried (and returned). Granted, my t-zone can get VERY oily, so I've pretty much accepted the fact that my face will never be completely matte in the summer. Paired with my silica powder as a setter, this works quite well. I like the gel consistency, but use a very small amount, or else it can start to feel a bit greasy (until it dries/sinks in) which can be a bit scary and off-putting.

#5: Body Shop DeoDry deodorant

Kind of on the fence about this one too. I like the scent, but it feels very wet when I put it on. My armpits have to be 100% dry when I put this on or else this stuff will never dry. I have to leave my arms up in the air for a couple minutes to let it dry completely, which is kind of annoying. They also offer a roll-on option with alcohol in it, maybe that one dries faster?
Anyway, I don't know yet if the lack of aluminum has saved any of my shirts. I'd better get a new white shirt and see for sure :P


#6: C.O Bigelow mentha organics lip gloss in Just Blushed

I love the texture/consistency of this gloss, and it stays on my lips a very long time without feeling sticky. It's so smooth. The mint is there, but not overpowering at all. A nice minty smell follows me around :P The colour is pretty sheer, so I don't really have a comment on that!


#7: Bobbi Brown corrector in porcelain bisque

I adore this so far. Very creamy, so I have to be careful not to put too much or else it WILL crease! Applied with a MAC 217 brush, or any other fluffy brush! The colour is perfect on me (NW15 in MAC). It looks as though it would be too light, but it is a corrector, not a concealer. It's to be layered under your regular concealer, like my MAC studio finish concealer in NW15. This covers up my hereditary dark circles amazingly. They've never disappeared like that before.
A bit pricey ($33 CDN I think!) but such a small amount is used, I'd say mine will last a while. And IMO, it's totally worth it!!

#8: Covergirl fruit spritzers in Fig Splash

This one was really weird for me. I bought it because it looked fab on MakeupByTiffanyD. Under the brown-ish tint, there's a silvery undertone. To wear this and not look like a disco space martian, I have to apply a very thin coat, then blot. Kind of annoying for a basic lip gloss. But, it does work okay on top of lipsticks.

#9: Revlon colorburst lipsticks in Soft Nude and Blush, MAC lipstick in Creme Cup, TheBalm lipstick in Scoop


Left to right: TheBalm in Scoop, MAC Creme Cup, Revlon Blush, Revlon Soft Nude

Let's start with TheBalm. Holy packaging, Batman! So cute! The colour is nice and sheer too (but was less so in the store!). BUT the freaking thing broke the first time I tried to wear it. The lipstick part broke in half. How RUDE. I tried to fix it with a hairdryer, but to no avail. Still useable, but kind of a pain in the butt!!

Now MAC Creme Cup. Gorgeous soft pink colour with a lovely creamy texture. But... makes my teeth look horrendously yellow. I'm on a whitening mission now.

Revlon Blush. Beautiful. A really really wearable neutral that gives my lips a hint of toned-down colour. My lips are really red naturally, so this takes the colour down a few notches. Great texture and staying power, doesn't dry out my lips at all!

Revlon Soft Nude. A gorgeous nude with a hint of peachy-pink that makes it way more wearable than most nudes. Unlike other nudes (like MAC Blankety or GOSH Darling) I don't need to line my lips much, or use my Laura Geller lip spackle to wear this. As I said above, my lips are RED. But this works with the colour, not against it, and leaves me with a really nice and creamy nude that doesn't make me look like a zombie.

#9: OPI and China Glaze Nail polishes in (L-R) - Melon of Troy (OPI), Barefoot in Barcelona (OPI) and Four Leaf Clover (China Glaze)


Melon of Troy: It can be a bit streaky, so a few coats are a must, but the colour is GORGEOUS. Great for summer, and I can't think of any skin tone that it wouldn't suit!

Barefoot in Barcelona: A nude brown with pink undertones. Definitely not as universal as Melon of Troy, but a really really nice nude polish. Not streaky, and covers the nail really well!

Four Leaf Clover: The colour in the bottle is misleading. It looks almost turquoise, but on the nails it comes out as a bright green, with no blue/turquoise at all. Still a nice colour, but I was hoping for the colour in the bottle. Really good staying power though, I've had it on my toes for 2 weeks and it's still in great shape.

#10: Ombrelle sunscreen SPF 45

Surprise surprise, another sunscreen for Chloe. This one will be for my body so I can preserve my lovely and amazing La Roche Posay SPF 60 sunscreen for my face. This one's a bit liquidier than the LRP, so it will go a bit further I think. Also does not contain oxybenzone.


#11: Trucco lip pencil in soft plum (no picture)

Gorgeous colour. I used it in my Taylor Swift video with Melanie. Needs to be blended after lining the lips (on me at least!) or it can look a little harsh against my pinky pale skin!

#12: MAC Opulash

Please see my video review for more info! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C1LlSqsn3M


Thanks so much for reading!
Have a lovely day!

xox Chloe

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP