Powered by Blogger.

Adventures in Lipsticks: Part One

Saturday, July 24, 2010

So this is part one of my "adventures in lipsticks".  Trying out lipsticks is like going into uncharted territory for me, lol!  I've always been so afraid that I either can't pull them off, or that I eat/drink so often that it's not worth it.  But it's finally time to conquer this.  I've been working on every part of my makeup collection, and now I need to beef up my lip products.

I had a pretty tight budget today (For once I had some cash on me, but I needed part of it for gas which is why I couldn't spend all of it), but I managed to pick two lipsticks that I've been wanting to try for awhile.  I'm also including pictures of the lipstick I purchased earlier in the week, Jane Lipkick lipstick in Not So Innocent Pink.

Today I bought Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Airy Fairy and Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last lipstick in Just Peachy.

(Left to right: Jane Not So Innocent Pink, Rimmel Airy Fairy, Wet 'n' Wild Just Peachy)


(Swatches same order as above)

Jane Lipkick Not So Innocent Pink-  I was disappointed with this one at first because I didn't think it would be frosty.  It is, and it kind of reminds me of "that middle-aged woman that has bright blue eyeshadow and pink neon blush and frosty lips", but with the right eye makeup it's OK.  And it's so subtle of a color in itself that it's not, like, PINK frost.  On my lips, anyway.  This isn't one I'll be wearing all the time, but I don't regret buying it either.  The formula is good in this- Maquilagem Masstige was totally right!  

Rimmel Lasting Finish in Airy Fairy-  Before asking your recommendations for light-colored lipsticks, I had taken a look at this one at Target and wanted it.  Then commenter Wingsinheaven5 told me I should try it, so I decided I definitely needed to!  It's not a "lighter than my lip color" shade, but it's sort of a "my lip color but better" shade.  It's pretty on, and has a fair amount of purple in it.  These lipsticks are nice and creamy!  Not to mention they smell like ice cream.  :)  I will be trying more if I find other shades I like.  

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last in Just Peachy-  I've posted about the shades I own of these here, and I think they have about the best staying power for a $2.99 drugstore lipstick.  Unfortunately, that and the fact that they are matte means they can be drying, but I'll take that over my color disappearing after 10 minutes.  I was curious as to how this shade would look with my skin tone, and I'm happy to have tried it.  It's not bad, and I think once I get used to the peach I'll use it more.  I can't say I like the applicator, though- I prefer the typical dome shape of lipsticks.  

Jane Lipkick Not So Innocent Pink

Rimmel Lasting Finish Airy Fairy

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Just Peachy


Have you tried any of these lipsticks?  I want to try Revlon Colorburst and Maybelline Color Sensational next.  :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP