Powered by Blogger.

Review: N.Y.C. IndividualEyes Custom Compact in Central Park

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Let me start out by saying that I've probably walked by these N.Y.C. IndividualEyes palettes over a thousand times and they never appealed to me.  It was something about the colors- they just seemed a little off in my opinion, so I just couldn't get myself to purchase one.  

However, now having heard so many good things about the quality of this product, I decided I should at least try one.  Making this better is that the All You coupon page has a new $1.00 off any N.Y.C. product of $1.72 or higher coupon, so I used that to get this for even cheaper.  Score!

Anyway, the one I got today is called Central Park, and it's specifically for green eyes.  
These compacts come with four powder eyeshadows, one cream eyeshadow base, and one cream illuminator.  I tried to take a good picture that accurately showed the colors and how everything is labeled in the package:

The amount you get for the price is great; this is probably one of my most favorite things about this.  On the back of the package it clearly states how much product you get of each type (I forgot to take a picture, sorry!).  Each eyeshadow is 0.056oz (MAC eyeshadow is 0.05oz), and the primer and illuminators are each 0.051oz.  

The eyeshadows are all soft and have nice pigmentation.  They blend surprisingly well.  I wasn't thinking I'd be blown away by the colors, but they are so much prettier on the eyes than just in swatches.  I'll talk about this at the end.

The highlighter color is a gorgeous, shimmering champagne (I LOVE champagne shades and cannot have enough.  This may be my current favorite).
The all over lid color is a light, shimmering gold that almost leans slightly green-toned.  I wish I could describe this better, because it's not at all green, but it's not a true gold at all.
The crease/contour color is a matte, muted brown, that is slightly darker than the picture above shows it.
The second crease/contour color is a dark, muted chocolate brown with a tiny amount of shimmer strewn throughout.
Swatches:
(The champagne color is really close to my skin tone, which is why you can hardly see it)

I only just tried the eyeshadow base, so I can't say how it works yet.  But it has a nice and creamy consistency.  I swatched the base and illuminator and tried taking pictures, but it just wasn't showing up well.  I'm sorry I can't show you exactly what those look like.

Anyway, I can't wait to get myself back to Target and grab myself another one of these.  Like I said earlier, the colors look a lot better once they're on your eyes.  I was really surprised by how much I liked the combination!  I used the all over lid shade on my lid, the matte brown in my crease, and the dark brown along my lash line and into the outer corner.  In this picture below, I used a very light hand when applying.  I think you can still get the general idea:
(And excuse my unfortunately broken-out skin!)

Have you tried any of these?  Which do you like best?  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP