Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday Weekly Favorites: Warm pinks and neutrals

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Along with monthly favorites, I decided I'm going to post my most-used products for the week every Wednesday.  This is mainly because I switch between different items so often.  I love doing 'monthly favorites' posts, so I figured why not do little ones more often?

This week I got a lot of use out of a mix of new products and old favorites.  Can you tell I've gotten back into pinks/purple?

(Clockwise from top left: Clinique eyeshadow in Lucky Penny, E.L.F. Studio blush in Mellow Mauve, Aveeno Postively Radiant tinted moisturizer in Fair to Light, L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara in Black, Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow trio in Walking On Eggshells, Maybelline LE eyeshadow duo in Amethyst Diamonds- from the Diamonds collection)

The Clinique eyeshadow is a warm, shimmery pink/bronze that is simply gorgeous but is one I often overlook.  I don't know why!  Fortunately I uncovered it recently and I have to stop myself from wearing it every day.  I love pairing this with just some black mascara- I think it shines the most when left on its own. 

E.L.F.'s Studio blushes are great.  I've yet to try many of them, but so far I love this one in Mellow Mauve.  It's a dirty rose pink that pairs wonderfully with any of these eyeshadows from this week.

This Aveeno tinted moisturizer I purchased a couple weeks ago, but didn't start wearing until later last week.  It gives super light coverage, which I would typically like more, but this week I've broken out and need something heavier.  It has a nice, thicker consistency, and it blends into skin so you don't even feel it.  Although I'll get good use of this, I probably won't buy it again just because of the $15 price tag.

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara is one I got last year, used awhile and liked it, but ended up losing it.  I bought another one last week to try it out again.  I like it so far, but I'm hoping the formula will thicken up as I wear it more.  It does a pretty good job of volumizing my lashes.

I did a review on this Wet 'n' Wild palette here.  I still love it just as much!  So great for everyday, but the shimmer saves it from being boring.

The purple in this Maybelline Diamonds duo eyeshadow is gorgeous!  I talked about it in this post, but now I've had the chance to use it.  I wish the pigmentation was better, but I love the color so much that I can overlook that.
Swatches:
(Top- Maybelline Diamonds eyeshadow duo
Middle- Clinique eyeshadow and E.L.F. blush- the blush shows up orange in the swatch, but on my face it's definitely more pink
Bottom- Aveeno TM)

What are some of your most-used makeup products recently?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP