Powered by Blogger.

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black thoughts & FOTD

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I mentioned on Sunday when I picked up L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara that I had been wanting it for awhile.  I don't know why I didn't sooner, because it's been at Target for $5.00 for awhile now.  Anyway, I finally got it, and have now had a few days to try it out.

When I first opened it up, I immediately thought of Covergirl Super Thick Lash mascara, for if no other reason than the brush.  It's thick, it's fat, and the bristles are too close together to do much separating of your lashes.

Boy am I glad I waited until today to talk about this mascara, because that ^^ didn't happen until now.  See all that product build up at the base of the brush?  Yeah, there's not really a way to wipe it off in the tube, so you either have to tough it out and use it on your lashes or wipe it off with a tissue.

Which brings me to my next point...
!
The tube opening is too big for the brush (Which comes as a little surprise since the brush is rather large itself).  It's just small enough to scrape a tiny bit against the brush as you pull it out, but it's not enough to stop extra product from gathering on the brush.  This isn't a HUGE turnoff for me (I'm not terribly afraid of a few clumps), but it's not good either.  Too much waste.  And I very well could have gotten a faulty tube, I'm not sure.

Anyway, let's move on to how it looks on my lashes.
Not too bad, right?  It's really not.  It does what it says it will- it gives me volume.  I wish it would add more length, although I realize it's not technically going to.
But lastly I have to comment on the clumping part.  That clumpy brush is in no way going to produce perfect-looking lashes.
(Up-close shot of the left eye from above pictures)
Yeah.  This isn't a mascara if you're looking for combed, neat, separated lashes.  HOWEVER, I think it does give you that "bam" volume look.  

Final thoughts:  If you had luck with Covergirl Super Thick Lash mascara, I think you'll like this too.  It's a little heavy on clumps, but again, that's easily fixable with a lash comb.  I wouldn't repurchase this because I'm not a fan of that kind of brush, and I prefer more length AND volume, and this only gave me the latter.

Lastly I have a quick FOTD!  

Face
-Monistat Anti-Chafing gel-powder as a primer
-Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation
-Clinique blush in Glow on apples of cheeks, and the highlight color from ELF Golden Bronzer on my cheekbones

Eyes
-Combination of facial moisturizer (Up&Up Target brand equivalent of Aveeno Positively Radiant with SPF 15) and Monistat anti-chafing gel as primer- this has been working really well!
-Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow palette in Vanity (I used all the colors- I love this palette for a nice, neutral, everyday smokey brown eye)
-Covergirl Eyelights Eyeliner in Vivid Ruby
-L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara

Lips
-Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Pink Whisper

Thanks for reading!  Enjoy your afternoon.  :)


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP