Powered by Blogger.

Mini Walgreens and Target Haul (UPDATED: And Walmart!)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Today I got a few things I've been wanting for a long time, so I'm excited to share this with you!


(Clockwise from top left: EOS lip balm Lemon Drop, Covergirl Trublend Minerals blush in Pure Romance, Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express mascara in Glam Black, Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last lipstick in Think Pink)

I've read endless mention about these EOS lip balms, and I FINALLY figured out where they sell them. I thought for the longest time you had to buy them online, but no, they've been at Walgreens!  I did have to go to the one a little farther away from me (The one around the corner didn't have them), but that wasn't a problem.  I honestly don't even care that this balm isn't the most outstanding one I've tried; the packaging is so cute!  My mom was really interested by it, haha.

I pass this Covergirl Trublends Minerals blush in Pure Romance every time I go to the grocery store, Target, Walgreens; wherever they sell Covergirl.  It wasn't until recently when I read a blog post about this particular color (I forget where, sorry!), and how lovely it looks on fair skin, that I decided I needed it.  It's such a gorgeous, pale pink color.  This is the only product I got today that I am a little disappointed by- it's hardly pigmented at all, and I think my skin is just a tad too dark for it to show up well (I'm fair, but I usually wear the 2nd or 3rd foundation shade depending on the brand).  It's shimmery, so it basically gives my cheeks a nice "glowy" look.  Definitely pretty but not what I had expected.  (PS: You get so much of this.  There is .63oz of product; I don't know if I'll ever finish it!)

The Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express mascara is my current HG mascara.  I've gone through several tubes of this in the past, and the one I've been using is pretty much done with.  I love it so much that I needed to buy another one.  I think this is the first time, recently, that I haven't wanted to try a "different" mascara! 

Lastly, this Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last lipstick in Think Pink is one I've looked over every time I go look at lipsticks.  It always looked too "baby pink" to me, but today I just decided to try it.  I'm so glad I did.  It's pretty, and with the right lip gloss I think it's wearable enough for everyday.  Now I have four of these lipsticks!

(Left- Covergirl blush, Right- Wet 'n' Wild lipstick)

Update:
So I ran to Walmart before hitting the gym tonight, because I realized I've done really well with saving money so I deserved just a couple more things to spoil myself with.  :)  I got my hands on the Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Peach Petal (YES!  I love this and have been eyeing it ever since I bought the others last week!), and then a Jane Blushing Cheeks blush in Blushing Earth Sheer.  I picked this up because I remember awhile ago Jamie at Maquilagem Masstige had raved about it.  It is really pretty!  

I think I'm just going to start collecting these Revlon SL lip glosses.... because I want another one already (Nude Lustre).  I think the packaging is sophisticated for a drugstore lip gloss, they feel lovely on my lips, and I love the distinct scent they have.  They aren't the cheapest, but I feel OK spending a little extra on them.
I love Peach Petal... it's like a nice creamy nude color, but with enough peach in it so it doesn't completely wash you out.  I'll post pictures of this in another post sometime, you can count on it!  
I'll definitely be picking up more of these Jane blushes, too; they are nicely pigmented, soft, and gorgeous both in the pan and on my cheeks.  


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP