Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday Weekly Favorites: Going Lighter

Thursday, July 15, 2010

This week I finally felt like I made the transition to more "summer appropriate" makeup.  At least for a little while, anyway- who knows how long it will last.  I'm usually not one to lighten up my eye makeup during the hotter months, but this week I tried especially hard to hold back!  I also experimented with wearing less foundation again.  As I've mentioned before on here, I'm a foundation newbie- I just got into it recently.  And ironically, recently I've had more breakouts than normal.  It could just be due to the hot and humid weather, but I decided I'd see what wearing less makeup on my face would do for my skin. 

Anyway, enough talking!  These are my favorite items for this past week:

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express mascara- I've mentioned this numerous times here, but I seriously love it.  It's the only Maybelline mascara that has given me good results!  

ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder- This one I've also mentioned on here.  I've been using the blush, and I have to say it's about the only peach color I've tried and liked on my skin tone.  It has enough pink and shimmer in it to even out the orange.

NYC IndividualEyes compact in Central Park- Can you tell by now that I like this?  LOL.  I've been using this palette almost every day since I got it last week.  I love that bottom champagne color; it's getting the most usage by far.  I just love the colors together for a soft, neutral, everyday eye.

Aveeno Clear Complexion foaming cleanser- I've been rotating my cleansers (I collected quite a few last month, and now I'm trying to use them up), and this week I'm using this one.  I like that the foam consistency feels non-irritating on my sensitive skin, and it blends easily into a lather.  

NYC Smooth Mineral Natural Veil- This is just a translucent powder, but I really like the quality of it. It's very finely milled, and it sticks with me all day.  This week I've just been using concealer on my couple remaining pimples (Thank goodness the others cleared up!), and then dusting my entire face with this.

Mary Kay eyeliner in Amethyst-  I've been pairing this with my NYC IndividualEyes compact eyeshadows, and it's a great combination, especially for green eyes.  

Wet 'n' Wild Idol Eyes eyeliner in Dark Brown- I've been using the smudge-tip a lot, and then I'm also trying to just finish up the rest of this eyeliner.  I've had it for a few months and now have other dark browns I like better, so I want to get rid of this.  LOL.  It's still a good eyeliner, though, don't get me wrong.

Have you used any of these products?  What are your current favorites?

And one last thing before I go for the night-
I got this at Target today:
Definitely expect a review in a week or so once I've given it a fair trial!  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP