Powered by Blogger.

Introducing my love affair with Revlon Super Lustrous! And a collective haul

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Guys!  I can't believe it took me this long to rediscover Revlon Super Lustrous lip glosses.  I say rediscover because they were actually the first lip glosses I wore (Way back in middle school).  They bring back great memories!  I only owned maybe two, and I don't remember at all which ones they were- this was when I wasn't that into makeup and was only starting to use it, so they didn't get much attention and were eventually lost.  But I remember staring at Halle Berry's face on the ad at Target and deciding to buy one!

All retrospection aside, I hear about the Super Lustrous lip glosses all the time around here.  It was time I picked one up.  Naturally, I had to get Lilac Pastelle, although had I not seen swatches on various blogs, I probably would have stayed far away.  I fear "different"-colored lips (On myself- I don't think I could pull them off well), but this doesn't look crazy purple when applied.  It's just a nice, light lilac/pink color.  I'm so glad I purchased it!

Lightly applied to my lips

This leads me to the rest of my collective haul over the last two days:
NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Plaza Pink, L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara, Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Lilac Pastelle, Rimmel eyeshadow quad in Urban Flower, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polishes in Sun Kissed and Green With Envy

This is my first NYC Blushable Creme Stick, and after hearing their good reviews on various blogs, I decided to get one myself.  My main motive was my $1.00 off coupon I had for NYC.  I really like how smooth and easy-to-apply this is, although it's not very pink at all.  I'd say it's more of a light peach.

I've been talking about getting the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara ever since I read Mandi's rave about it on her YouTube.  The brush is nothing special (It reminds me a lot of the Covergirl Professional super thick lash brush), but I'll let you know how I like it.

This Rimmel eyeshadow quad I picked up because I had a $1.00 off coupon from Redplum.com.  I've only used their trio eyeshadows before.  I thought the colors were pretty in this one, but I'm having the same problem with a lack of pigmentation that I did with the trio.  

Lastly, I got these Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polishes yesterday at Walgreens for 2/$4.  They're going right back to the store.  The formula is great, but I need different colors; I can't work these whatsoever.  They make my hands look yellow and my mom even said they were bad.  LOL.

I can't wait to go to Target again!  I'm definitely going to be picking up another Revlon lip gloss.  I have a Target coupon for $1.00 any Revlon color product (I got it with my receipt last week), and then in today's Smart Source insert, there were 2 Revlon coupons.  One for $1.00 off any cosmetic, and one for $1.00 off any tool.  Be sure to check your Sunday paper for similar deals!

What are your favorite Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss colors?  Any recommendations?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP