Powered by Blogger.

How I Store My Makeup

Saturday, July 3, 2010

I've been on the look-out for a good storage container to put all my makeup in.  Preferably something that could sit on my bathroom counter, with a few levels (To save space) and pull-out drawers.  The only problem with everything I've seen lately is they're too big for my bathroom.  I wanted an organizer that could sit out on my counter without taking up all of the room.
Prior to today, I've stored all the makeup I like and use regularly in a makeup organizing tray in a drawer under my sink (Like at hip-level).  Then I put all the makeup I don't use regularly but still want to keep in a plastic bin in the cupboard right below that drawer.
But then I found this at Target today:

Perfect!  It's large enough to store my most-used makeup in, but not too big that it won't fit on my counter.  There are three stackable compartments.  You pop off the side snaps to unstack them.

I put all my eyeshadows in the top one, and my blushes in the bottom:

And then my face makeup is in the middle one:

Ta-da!

As for the organizer sitting in my drawer, I put the makeup I don't use everyday but still want to keep in there (Mainly eyeshadows).  I also decided to store my mascaras, eyeliners, tools, and lipglosses/lipsticks there:
 
(Inside the drawer)

Lastly these are my brushes, on the other side of my sink.  I just keep them in an old water cup we used to have in our upstairs bathroom.  

My new makeup container will sit on the side of the sink opposite of my brushes, OR the floor if that doesn't work haha.  Currently I have a little plastic basket on that side that I keep all my skin products in (For washing my face, moisturizing, makeup removing, etc), so I'll need to find another place for that.  Or maybe the two organizers can become friends and share the area, right?

How do you store your makeup?  

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP