Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday Weekly Favorites: Glow-y Summer Goodies

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This week was a sort of continuation from a couple weeks ago when I went a little lighter with my makeup.  I've been very into making my skin/makeup look as healthy and clear and glow-y as possible this summer, and these products have helped me in doing so.


MAC 252 Large Shader brush- OK, this is one of the two products that doesn't go along with the theme.  For my 13th birthday, my mom took me to a MAC counter to learn how to do my makeup, and she bought me two brushes; this one and the 224 tapered brush.  Ever since I came across ELF's brushes, I haven't really used this.  Actually it's been longer than that.  I haven't used this brush in a looong time.  But anyway, I got it all nice and clean last week, and decided I needed to put it to the test again.  Surprise, surprise- I love it!  Like you've probably heard, it's great for "packing-on" color to the lid area.

Wet 'n' Wild Walking On Eggshells eyeshadow trio- This gives me such a pretty, shimmery eye that I love to wear during the summer.  The colors are soft and pigmented, and I feel like the combination of shades help brighten my eyes.

ELF Tinted Moisturizer in Light Beige- I bought one of these awhile back, fell in love with it, purchased a back-up, and then fell out of love with the first one before I even finished it.  Last week I opened the back-up to see if the consistency was any different since it was "new".  It was a little thicker in texture than the one I had been using for months, and I think that made all the difference.  I've been using it ever since- I'm back in love with this product!  It gives me light coverage that's not sheer, and doesn't go on super shiny like other TMs can.  Plus, the color is pretty much a perfect match for my skin.

ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal- I talked about this here, when I compared it to my other favorite highlighter, Benefit High Beam.  I'm just trying to use this up, but I really do think it's a quality product.  I wear it on top of my tinted moisturizer or foundation, but under my powder so it doesn't look too shimmery.

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express mascara- You all probably know how much I love this mascara by now.  I did a review of it here, so you can see why!  It's my current HG mascara.  Covergirl Lash Blast gives me great volume, but this one gives me great volume AND length.

Neutrogena Acne Stress Control face wash- The lovely Jamie at Maquilagem Masstige recently recommended this face wash for dry/sensitive skin.  I've been using it for about two weeks now I think and it's been working nicely for me.  It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or leave it feeling tight, and I really think it has helped reduce the redness in my face (It has green tea and cucumber in it).  My skin usually gets a little red after cleansing, but it hasn't been so noticeable since using this.

That's it for this week!  Any of these products that you like as well?  Let me know!
:)


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP