Powered by Blogger.

At home Glycolic Aid peel gone BAD. Very bad.

Monday, July 5, 2010

A month or two ago I got a 30% glycolic acid peel done at a local med-spa and I loved it. My face looked glowing and so smooth after. They recommend getting it done once a month at $45-60 a pop. I figured it can't be that hard to do it at home and for half the price. Boy, was I wrong to think that.
I've never had problem skin and I've always had a relatively smooth and even skin tone. I ordered a 50% (this my FIRST mistake... 50% is way too strong) from amazon.com. I think the reason I picked 50% is because I thought I'd see better results.
They sent a sample of a 35% and I used that a week and a half ago. It left my face kind of bumpy and weird. So, last night I thought I'd give the 50% a shot hoping it would smooth out my skin and leave it nice and glowy.
BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! I'm new to peels so I don't really know if this is normal with 50% peel but I'm going to have go with my gut and say no.

DISCLAIMER: Ugly pictures coming up.
Skin before: as you can see it's no where perfect but it's pretty even and smooth.



Skin AFTER: as you can see it's VERY bumpy and looks like I have terrible acne... which I don't. I've never had acne in my life. My face has red raised patches all over and it's really uneven and bumpy! 

I'm actually really upset about this and hoping I didn't permanently damage my skin!! This is just a warning to you... be really careful when using products like this at home....you can't take peels lightly. You can do more damage than good if you aren't careful (yea, I'm talking to myself about this, too). 

I'm hoping in a few weeks my skin will heal and go back to normal but if it doesn't then what? I'll have to shell out money to fix my stupid mistake?

Here are the products I used so be careful if you ever try these:

This is from a company called "The Original Skin Store"

 
Neautralizer by Cellbone. They give horrible instructions on the back of the bottle. It says "wipe face- wash off with water". So, I did that and my face was still burning. I went to their website and it said "leave on for 5 minutes". Ummm, hello Mcfly.... why doesn't it say that on the bottle!?!?

Anyways, I thought I'd share my NIGHTMARE with you in hopes this doesn't happen to you!
Have you ever had a bad peel and if so.... what happened to your skin!?!?!?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP