Powered by Blogger.

Perfume: My Favorite Warm Winter & Light Summer Picks

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Since I started working in the beauty side of Victoria's Secret, I've come a long way in the world of perfume!  I never used to wear it let alone think it was at all worth my time.  But now I just love it.  Wearing something that smells good makes me feel 100 times better.  It's the perfect way to complete my "look", if that makes sense.

I'm very seasonal with my perfume; I have a hard time wearing heavier scents right now, or lighter scents during the fall/winter.  These are my top picks for perfumes I like in the spring/summer, and then ones I can't get enough of during the colder months (And no surprise- most of them are either from VS or B&BW).  I tossed in a couple of my favorite lotions, too, because I can't get enough of them.  :)

Light scents for warmer weather

(Descriptions talk about the products above from left to right):
Coconut Lime Verbena from Bath & Body Works is an old favorite.  I love this travel size of the lotion too, because it fits perfectly in my purse.  
Fresh. Sugar Lemon perfume was featured in my June favorites post here.  It's such a citrus-y, summery scent.  
Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Flowers perfume is a discontinued scent that was brought out this spring.  A big reason it's popular is because it smells similar to Heavenly Bloom, a discontinued scent from 2009.  I personally like Bloom better, but this is a nice alternative and smells, well, like the title: Flowers!
VS At First Sight body spray is part of the Secret Moments collection.  It has notes of "romantic violet and bergamot", and when I spray this I just feel like summer.  I often overlook this scent.  I love it, but don't reach for it as much as I should.  
VS Very Sexy Now 2010 perfume is seriously so YUMMY.  That's one of the best descriptions of it I can give.  It has notes of frangipani nectar, jungle lily, and purple orchid.  The perfume doesn't hang onto my skin for too too long, maybe 3-4 hours tops, but I enjoy it all the same.  One of the best Very Sexy Now's I've smelled.

Warm scents for cooler weather

(Descriptions from left to right):
Sensual Amber from B&BW is one I like to put on right before bed, after I take a shower.  It's one of my favorite "relaxing" scents.  I hate to say it, but between Victoria's Secret Amber Romance lotion and this one, I have to choose Sensual Amber.  I swear I'm not a traitor!
Victoria's Secret Parfums Intimes Velvet body spray is my "go-to" warm, winter scent.  I'd get the perfume in this if I had some extra money!  My mom got me a gift set with the four different scents included in the Parfums Intimes collection for Christmas, this one included, so that explains why it's so small.  It has notes of amber and blackberry in it, and it's just divine!  On me I smell more of the blackberry than I do the amber- probably my favorite part about it.
VS PINK Warm & Cozy body spray has "toasted vanilla, pink peony, and raspberry" notes.  Normally I dislike peony, but you can't really smell it in this spray.  Another favorite of mine from the PINK body collection is the Sweet & Flirty (The purple logo).
VS DA Heavenly Kiss perfume is one I just bought today!  We had these at our semi-annual sale, and there were some leftover.  It's an older one that was discontinued, but gets brought back for the sales.  It's an early birthday present for myself that I got so my mom can gift it to me later, haha. It has vanilla, red berry, freesia, and jasmine in it.  In my opinion, it's versatile enough to be worn all year round.  My current favorite!
VS DA Heavenly Enchanted body spray was probably my 2nd favorite behind Velvet last fall/winter.  It's limited edition as well, unfortunately, but is really nice and warm.  It has notes of amber, raspberry, and coconut milk.  

Have you tried any of these scents?  What are your favorite for the different seasons, or do you wear whatever you feel like no matter the time of year?  
Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP