Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday Weekly Favorites: Trying New Things

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Wednesday!  Today I'm here with this week's Wednesday Weekly Favorites.  I branched out a little this week and tried a few new things, hence the title of the post.  Let's get started!

Clockwise from left: ELF Studio "C" brush, Monistat anti-chafing gel, Target Up & Up brand radiant moisturizer with SPF 15, ELF Studio blush in Blushing Rose, Revlon Colorstay blemish concealer in Fair, ELF Studio eyeshadow in Pebble

The Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel-Powder and Target Up & Up moisturizer go hand-in-hand for this.  Now, before buying the Monistat, I read reviews online that it worked well as BOTH a face primer and eye primer.  The active ingredient in it is Dimethicone, which is also an ingredient in the infamous UDPP.  I got it home, tried it on my eyes before eyeshadow, and wasn't loving the results.  I would top it off with a translucent powder, but that didn't really help.  Then, I decided to try mixing it with a little of this thick moisturizer.  Voila!  It's been working well as a make-shift eyeshadow primer.  I know I need to just bite the gun and buy a real eyeshadow primer, but until then this is working just fine.
Monistat on left, Moisturizer on right; before mixing together

After mixing together (This always makes too much, so I waste a little.  I'm working on how to only squeeze out a teeny bit)

ELF Studio blush in Blushing Rose- This is another new thing I tried.  I usually stay FAR away from darker blushes, but after passing it at Target too many times, I decided to try it.  It's gorgeous, people.  I use a super light hand and it adds a lovely shimmery flush to my fair skin.  

Revlon Colorstay Blemish concealer in Fair- I've been in serious need for a concealer, and although this one was pricey for me ($8-something at Target), I sucked it up and bought it.  I needed something that would conceal my pimples better.  This one does the job, and covers up the redness around them too.  

ELF Studio eyeshadow in Pebble- I think I've talked about this eyeshadow before, but it's perfect for when I want a super easy, smokey, daytime eye.  This week I've just been putting this all over my lid and blending it into my crease, and then just adding a highlight color.  Simple.

ELF Studio "C" brush- Also a favorite I've had around for awhile, I've been using this lately for my highlight colors and then to add dark colors to the outer part of my lid.  It's good for applying colors when you want pigment, but not "packed-on".

Swatches of ELF eyeshadow in Pebble and ELF Studio blush in Blushing Rose

That's it for this week's favorites.  I'm happy that I was able to branch out a little and experiment with different products and uses for things I already have.  I've been experimenting with lip products recently too, so expect those to come in next week's favorites!  :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP