Powered by Blogger.

Target & Walmart Haul!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I am so happy with my purchases today- mostly because I've been pretty frugal lately with buying "things", and it had really left me in a funk.  But today I told myself that this is just like any hobby, and most people end up spending money on their hobbies.  I've also been good about not hauling anything for awhile so I was able to talk myself into just getting what I wanted.
Throughout the day I made it to Target with my mom, and then Walmart with my boyfriend.  This was the first time he had been makeup shopping with me!  I think it was probably the last, too, LOL.  He saw how utterly indecisive I am.  I went back and forth through the aisles trying to decide what I "needed" haha.
Anyway, I'll show you what I got.

(Clockwise from top left: Revlon Perle eyeshadow in Violet Starlet, Revlon nail polish in Lilac Pastelle, Covergirl Cheekers blush in Natural Twinkle, ELF Studio blush in Blushing Rose, Revlon Colorstay Blemish Concealer in Fair)

I bought this Revlon concealer not knowing much about it.  It has 0.5% salicylic acid in it, so it is supposed to help clear your pimples throughout the day.  I read reviews for it later today on MUA, and a few people said it didn't last long, so that's a little disappointing to know.  I tried it on two of my big pimples, though, and the coverage is definitely good.  It covered those babies!

(ELF Blushing Rose blush, Covergirl Natural Twinkle blush)
I'm surprised that I don't own more of these ELF Studio blushes than I do- I only have this one now, Candid Coral, and Mellow Mauve.  This one has gorgeous gold flecks in it!  
The Covergirl blush is like my perfect "flushed" color- the color my cheeks turn naturally, if not just a little lighter.  In the swatch below you can hardly see it, but it does show up on my cheeks.  Just enough so it looks like I have a little something.  (This is mainly why I love Covergirl blushes- the pigmentation isn't crazy, so you get a natural look)

I've never tried these eyeshadows before, but from the look and feel of it, it seems nice.  It's soft and velvety despite having lots of glitter in it.  Pigmentation looks to be nice, too.  Hopefully soon I can include this in an EOTD.
Swatches:
(ELF blush, Covergirl blush, Revlon e/s, Revlon concealer)

Lastly is the Revlon nail polish in the color Lilac Pastelle.  I'm normally not one to spend anything over $3 on nail polish (Cheap, I know!  I don't know why I'm like that), but I saw this color and had to have it.  It reminds me a little of China Glaze Something Sweet from the Up & Away collection.  I will definitely be doing a NOTD tomorrow.

That's it!  It's not much of a haul compared to other's, I know, but it's bigger for me.  :)  
Have you tried any of these products?  Hauled anything good lately?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP