Powered by Blogger.

Dollar Store Haul!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today I went to my local Dollar Tree, for the second time, in search of some of the things I often hear other bloggers saying they find at their dollar stores.  The first time I went, the only things they had were those LA Colors eyeshadow palettes and a few super bright nail polishes, along with some random Maybelline eyeshadows.  However, this time they had SO MUCH more.


(NYC Mosaic Color Wheel in Shimmer, NYC Smooth Minerals blush in Pearl Mocha, LA Colors blush in Pink Blush, NYC Smooth Minerals Mineral Veil, Sally Hansen by Carmindy Plump Lip balm in Clear Glow, LA Colors eyeshadow palette in Urban)

LA Colors blush & NYC Mosaic Color Wheel
The blush is pretty, but the Color Wheel may have to be used for something like contouring.  The color is "Shimmer", and since my other one in "Translucent" is really light and not too pigmented, I thought this would be the same way.  It's not!  It's super pigmented and unlike my Translucent one, the mosaic pattern isn't weaved throughout.

NYC Smooth Mineral blush and mineral veil
I love this blush color- I don't have anything like it.  The mineral veil seems very finely milled and sheer, but I haven't tested it fully yet.
Swatches:
(NYC Color Wheel, LA Colors blush, NYC Smooth Mineral blush and mineral veil)

Sally Hansen Natural Beauty by Carmindy lip balm & LA Colors palette

I love this lip balm.  The color is "Clear Glow", so it doesn't have any color to it, but it gives your lips a nice shine/shimmer that I like.  It's just enough for someone like me who doesn't really like lipstick/gloss, but wants something.
As for the LA Colors palette, I had to try one after Maquilagem Masstige wrote her post on them.  This was the only set of colors that really caught my eye, and although I don't know how I'll wear these colors, they are very pigmented!  I'm excited to try a look with them.
Swatches:
They are more pigmented than they look here, I promise.

I'm happy that I had more success during this trip to my Dollar Tree.  Obviously these products aren't of the best quality, but for $1 each, I won't complain too much.
They also had several Maybelline products, some L'Oreal lipsticks and duo eyeshadows, and a few Almay lipliners.  


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP