Powered by Blogger.

Review: E.L.F. Brightening Eyeshadow Quads

Monday, July 5, 2010

Today I'm going to show you all my E.L.F. eyeshadow quads, with exception of Drama (Smokey black/greys).  It didn't fit too well into the pictures, so I just decided to leave that one out.

These are one of the first products I tried from E.L.F.; to be exact, my first was Silver Lining.  It was that quad that started my love affair with the brand, aw!  ;)  Ever since then I've been collecting these.  I only have nine- eight pictured here- but these are the ones I was most interested in.

(Clockwise from top left: Nymph Dreams, Ivy, Nouveau Neutrals, Butternut)

Swatches, in same order as above:

(Clockwise from top left: Silver Lining, Luxe, Hazy Hazel, Pretty n' Pink)

Swatches:
(Click on pictures to enlarge)

Like I said earlier, these eyeshadows made me keep purchasing E.L.F. products.  They are great for a few reasons:
1) Great color payoff and a wide range of color palettes to choose from.
2) Long-lasting and easy to blend.
3) Good quality (They don't crease on me with a primer underneath- I know some eyeshadows, even with a primer, can crease).
4) Only $1.00.  

I used to wear these all the time, but lately I've been branching out with my eyeshadows, which is the only reason I've stopped wearing them so much.  I really think these are great for people who want to experiment with color, but don't want to shell out lots of money for a high-end makeup palette.  For example, the Drama palette is great for someone like me who doesn't do smokey eyes much (Especially ones with greys and black).  However, I have the option of doing one if I feel like it.  I don't have to pay $20+ for something I'm only going to use a few times.

The only negatives I can say about these are that with the shimmery colors, there is some fallout.  Nothing that a sweep of a brush can't fix.  Also, some of the matte colors can be a little chalky.  Again, this isn't too terrible for me because there are so many other shades to choose from.  They are still incredibly pigmented, blendable, and are of high-enough quality that I can overlook these negatives.

I'm sure a lot of you have tried these eyeshadows already.  Which ones do you like best/worst?  And if you haven't tried them yet, which ones would you like to?  Have you had the same experiences with them as I have?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP