Powered by Blogger.

How I use teal eyeliner for an easy look

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I know I've done countless eye looks using teals/greens/blues, but I did say a few months ago that it would be my "go-to color" this summer.  I'd say teal looks and neutral looks have been my usuals so far.  On normal days where I just hang out or work, I do a neutral eye; on days I feel like switching it up, I do a pop of teal or blue.  Purple used to be my favorite color for eyeshadows/liners, but I've been stepping out of my comfort zone.
This is my take on teal eyeliner and making it "pop".  I usually use teal eyeliner when using blue/green eyeshadow, but that's because it blends in and doesn't take away from anything else.  In this look, the eyeliner takes center stage.  (I did another look using teal eyeliner here, but I don't like how it turned out.  Which is why I tried again today)




Products I used:
-Almay Bright Eyes eye base
-E.L.F. mineral eyeshadow in Trendy
-A light cream color for highlight (I used an eyeshadow from the Wet 'n 'Wild eyeshadow palette in Vanity)
-A dark matte brown eyeshadow (I used the dark matte brown color from Vanity)
-E.L.F. Studio shadow stick in Pearl/Glow
-Rimmel Exaggerate waterproof eyeliner in Emerald Shimmer
-MAC eyeshadow in Haunting
-Covergirl Lash Blast Volume mascara in Black

1. Prime your entire eye area
2. Apply a light, neutral, shimmery color (Any color can work for this, but I used E.L.F. Trendy eyeshadow which is a rosey taupe)
3. Apply a light cream color to the inner tearduct and brow bone for a highlight
4. Line the outer 1/2 of your upper lash line with a matte dark brown eyeshadow (Or smudged liner would work for this, but I like the softness of an eyeshadow)
5. Line your lower waterline with either a white or cream colored eyeliner to open your eyes
6. Line the outside of your lower lash line with a bright teal eyeliner
7. Dust a light blue or green eyeshadow on top of the teal eyeliner to blend any harsh lines
8. Curl your eyelashes and apply your favorite mascara

On my face I used:

-Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation
-Jane Blushing Cheeks blush in Blushing Earth Sheer

And then I just applied Wet 'n' Wild Just Peachy Mega Last lipstick on my lips.  

How do you wear bright eyeliner?  Do you do something similar to this?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP