Powered by Blogger.

Dupe? Benefit High Beam vs. E.L.F. Lilac Petal

Monday, July 26, 2010

I've been meaning to do this post for awhile now!  These two products sit in my bathroom just taunting me every morning.  "Which one of us are you going to use today?"  ....Is it bad that my makeup talks to me sometimes?  LOL.
Anyway, they look seriously similar in the bottles, so I was darn curious how they compared to each other.  And if I can find a dupe for the $24.00 High Beam, then I will be one happy girl.

Both Benefit High Beam and E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal are liquid highlighters.  You can apply these anywhere on your face- eyes, lips, but they are used most commonly on the cheeks.



E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal:
You get a lot of product for the $1.00 price tag, which is one major reason why I will highly rate this one.  And because you don't need much to get the desired effect, this will last you a LONG time.  It's very shimmery (Hence the name) but as long as you only use it in small dots and blend, blend, blend, you'll get the same "highlighter" glow that you would with any other liquid highlighter.  The packaging gets a thumbs up, too, because it's a squeeze tube- no worries about spreading bacteria.
(Left-swatch, Right-blended)

Benefit High Beam:
This is one of Benefit's best sellers, and a product I've had for a long time (Probably 2+ years; I know, I should just get rid of it!).  By now the formula has thickened up a fair amount, but the way it looks on me hasn't changed.  This is a nice, also luminous, liquid highlighter that you will get probably thousands of uses out of.  The bottle is huge for its purpose.  It's creamy, so it blends easily into your skin.  This is a thinner consistency than the E.L.F. Facial Whip.  One negative about it, besides the price tag, is that it has a brush applicator.  People with a fear of contamination may not like this.
(Left, swatch- Right, blended)

(Left- High Beam, Right- Lilac Pastel)

Obviously when compared side-by-side, the two look very different.  High Beam has a more pink/champagne look to it, while Lilac Pastel is more silver/purple.  When blended out and on your cheekbones, though, it's hard to tell the difference.

Overall, I don't know that I would quite call E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip a dupe for Benefit High Beam, but they sure come close.  And if I ever run out of either of these, I don't think I'll be dishing out the money to pay for the higher-end High Beam.

Do you have either of these products?  What are your experiences with them?  Do you agree?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP